I hope that you have all recovered from Record Store Day: The last 7 days have flown by and it feels like just last night that I was telling you all about what was in store for RSD but in the blink of an eye here we are getting ready for the next big thing – PVC #4 at Pittsburgh Filmmakers this Saturday from 12-8. There is a lot to see and take in at PVC so I am going to break it down here so you know why this is not to be missed:
– Tons of records, 30 8 foot tables packed to maximum capacity
– Free beer, courtesy of Duquesne, after 3pm
– The Cynics – this is a rare appearance of Pittsburgh’s own Garage kings who will be performing a stripped down acoustic duo set at 4pm, even if you caught them a few weeks ago at Mr Smalls this is a whole different event. Do not miss this.
– Live record cutting on a lathe, have a record made right before your very eyes.
– A movie, stick around for a showing of Sound City after 8. Tickets will be available when you pay your admission to PVC
– Lastly, records. Again. Lots and lots of records.
Please check in with us on the Facebook event page to get the full details and even better, check in with us at PVC on Saturday. We will have lots of fresh used LPs and a whole table of $2 records. We hope to see you this Saturday.