Mind Cure Records is pleased to be celebrating National Record Store Day for the very first time at our location in Polish Hill. The fun begins at 10:00am and we will be closing the doors at 7:00pm to get ready for the after party at Helter Shelter.
Mind Cure Records is putting out several releases that are exclusive to our store. Here are the details:
- Majeure – Ben Nevis B/W Jakoda – 45. (Limited edition of 150 copies only available on RSD at Mind Cure Records). Two exclusive short and sweet tracks from Majeure. Each one a simple, yet building piece of synth mastery.
- TMEye – Ecolectro Mix – Cassette. (Limited Edition of 75 copies only available on RSD at Mind Cure Records). A sampling of tracks made by TMEye specially mixed for this project from their forthcoming releases. Dreamy vocals flawlessly mixed over-top hypnotic beats with layers of analog synths create the prefect sound-scape for android dreams. Pro-made cassette manufactured and imprinted at National Audio.
- Fuck Telecorps – Hard (on/off) Hearong Cassette. (Limited Edition of 75 copies only available on RSD at Mind Cure Records). Featuring amazing full color artwork by Josh Bonnett. Pro-made cassette manufactured and imprinted at National Audio. Two live offerings from Fuck Telecorps. For these recordings Fuck Telecorps was:
- Stephen Boyle – fake guitar, ring modulator, microphone, telephone, tap, tapes, percuss, junk, shirt and tie
- Edgar Um Bucholtz – pigs, cdj, silence, beer bottle, pot, scrubs, paper, cornet, radio, voice, misc. objects
- Matthew Wellins – electronics, clarinet
- Metalian – Wasteland – LP. (Limited edition of 100 copies only available on RSD at Mind Cure Records). Blistering guitar leads, vocals that would make Rob Halford and Bruce Dickinson run to the hills, the long anticipated Wasteland LP from Montreal’s Metalian is finally receiving a limited release for record store day. Recorded in one 14 hour session with limited over-dubbing the Wasteland LP has sat, pressed, and in boxes, tied up in various delays – offers from major metal labels, artwork problems and an increasingly regulated border has kept this massive slab of NWOBHM influenced heavy metal from hitting the streets until now. This is a limited edition of 100, housed in a screen printed jacket to tide you heshers and headbangers over until the real artwork gets wrapped up. But don’t sleep on this, who knows how long that will take.
- Gangwish – Space Cace Vol. 2 – 45. (Limited edition of 400 copies). The second installment of powerhouse Sam Pace’s Gangwish “Space Case” project. Mixing live drumming with triggered samples which at times harnesses the raw energy of Einstürzende Neubauten but the also warmth of current left-field electronics.
- Shep and Me – Nasturtium Inertia LP (Limited Edition of 300 copies). The long awaited vinyl pressing of Nasturtium Inertia. For those un-familiar, Shep and Me is the moniker of multi-instrumentalist Matthew Himes. On Nasturtium Inertia he continues to create hauntingly beautiful songs woven out of solo guitar and banjo fragments with ghostly vocals layered on top of electronic drones and warbles. Housed in gorgeous handmade sleeves, painstakingly assembled by Himes himself, don’t miss out on some of the most unique music to come out this year.
In addition to the above releases, we will also have the following National Releases:
- Puffy Areolas & Purling Hiss split 12″ EP
- Caribou – Remix 12in
- Superchunk – Here’s Where the Strings Come In LP
- Polvo – Celebrate the New Dar Age – EP
- Black Angels – Another Nice Pair – LP
- Deerhoof – Friend Opportunity – LP
- Deerhoof / Xiu Xiu Almost Xiu Xiu, Almost Deerhoof Polyvinyl – 7″
- Vivian Girls – I Heard You Say Polyvinyl – 7″
- Busdriver – Atm – 7″
- Owne – O, Evelyn – 7″
- Arthur Russell – World of Echo – 2LP
- The New Pornographers – Moves b/w Drug Deal of the Heart – 7”
- Esben and the Witch – Chorea – 12”
- Fucked Up (as various artists) – Town Comp LP
- Deerhunter – Memory Boy b/w Nosebleed – 7”
- V/A – Local Customs: Pressed at Boddie (Numero Group) – LP
- Glen Jones and the Black Twig Pickers – Even to Win is to Fail – LP
- Oval/Liturgy – Split – LP
- Mitchell and Manley – Norcal Values – LP
- The Velvet Underground – Foggy Notion – 45
- John Mayall/Eric Clapton – Lonely Years – 45
To show all of our amazing supporters how much we appreciate everything over the last 10 months, we will be offering 10% off all used records. To make it even better, we will be putting out hundreds of used LPs and 7”s early Saturday morning. So get here early and help us celebrate!
As mentioned earlier in this post, we will be shutting our doors at 7pm to get ready for the after party at Helter Shelter. Here’s the facebook event page link:
The party starts at 8:00pm and is 7bux. All proceeds help fund the release of local music. Come get your party on with Slices, Birth, TMEye, Gangwish and Fuck Telecorps with DJing by Philadelphyinz (Young Robots: NYC/Philly).
Be sure to check the blog this week. We’ll be posting lists of all of the new releases and restocks as we get them in!
We really look forward to seeing all of you on Saturday!